"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sprinkler Fun

Summer is quickly coming to a close here. School will be starting in a little more than a week and we will be starting a new, more structured routine but for now we are still enjoying our carefree days spent mostly outside!

I found an awesome tutorial for a pvc pipe sprinkler while I was wandering through blog land one day and I thought it looked pretty fun! We picked up the supplies for the sprinkler awhile ago but never got around to putting it together. My wonderful husband finally found some time in his crazy schedule to put it together for me.

We decided to test it out today and it was a HUGE hit! Normally Jadon and John do not care for the sprinkler. They prefer to play in the baby pool or the water table. When Jake kicked on this sprinkler however they jumped right in. They loved it!!







I could not believe how much fun Jadon was having running through the water!

Stopping to get a quick drink.....


Trying to catch some of the water in buckets.


Another drink break.....cracks me up.

Watch out big brother.....Here I come!!

Oh mom this is so much fun!! 

After about 30 minutes of running through the water Jadon needed a break.  He got out his chair, sat in it, and watched for about 5 minutes.  That was enough to rejuvinate him and he was off running again! 

Love this idea and I am so glad we made one!  Thanks to the blog "Here Comes The Sun" for sharing her idea! 




Photobucket

1 comment:

Kelly @ Here Comes the Sun said...

I'm so glad you were able to make this before the summer is over. Its so much fun to watch the little ones in it. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and linking back.

Kelly @ Here Comes the Sun