"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh Boy! It's a boy!

We went for our second sonogram on Friday. It was a family affair. Jake and Shelby got to see their little brother for the first time. That is right. It's a boy!! He was not shy about sharing that with us. The sonogram tech said he was not modest at all. It was fun. He was quite active during the sonogram so we got to see him kick me in the stomach a few times, change positions, turn his face towards us, and even open his mouth twice. I read somewhere that this is about the time they start tasting amniotic fluid to get ready for when it is time to eat in the outside world and that what I eat effects how the fluid taste's. Guess this kids is going to like jalepeno's and Mexican food! Everything is on schedule the same as before. I only gained two pounds in the last month so I was happy about that!

Matt is hard at work putting one of the egress windows in this weekend! He is on a mission. I just need to get him to take a break long enough to help me pick out some baby stuff!

2 comments:

Angie said...

What, no sono pictures? I want to see the immodest little guy, too, you know!

John and Heather said...

How exciting!! So happy to hear all looks good and that there is another little man on the way. I think I'll have some clothes for you:) Enjoy this time of preparing for baby; it is soooo fun!