"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Friday, July 10, 2009

Where's My Brother?

Jacob has been gone to camp since Sunday. We are all missing him. Tuesday I changed my desktop background on the computer to a picture I took of Jacob the day he left for camp. Wednesday night I was rocking Jadon and I noticed that he had his head up and was looking at something and smiling and talking. I looked to my left towards the computer and looked back at Jadon and realized that he was smiling at his brother's picture. It was sooo cute. He would smile, then get very serious, then smile again, then talk and wait. See Jadon and the kids have a communication pattern going. Jadon stares at them to get their attention. When they notice him looking he smiles, then they smile, he smiles back, then there is usually some talking involved. So I realized that Jadon was doing his part and trying to figure out why his brother was not responding. After awhile he just laid his head on my shoulder and looked over at the picture. Now everytime he sees the picture he get excited and smiles and talks away. I can't wait to see what he does when we go over to the camp tonight for Parent Night. I plan to have the camera set on video. I have been trying to video him talking and smiling at the pictures so I can show Jake, but everytime I get the camera out he stop looking at Jacob's picture and stares at the camera. I will keep trying. It is really so cute! He misses his big brother!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That's so sweet.