"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where has the time gone?


Here is Shelby's school picture. I got it yesterday. I look at it and I can't believe how grown up she is becoming. There are so many times now that I look at her and I see a young lady and I wonder where in the world my little girl went. It is such a tug of war. You want them to stay little forever yet you want to see them grow and become their own person at the same time. Her and I often butt heads and her attitude often leaves something to be desired, but she is also an incredibly funny and loving person. We now share shoes and she steals my makeup. She loves to read. I love to sit side by side with her on the couch and just read. I pray that as she continues to grow that even though there will be times when she can't stand me that we also continue to do things together and find common ground. Ahh, I can't believe she is finishing up 7th grade! It happened in the blink of an eye. Where has the time gone?? It really needs to slow down! Okay, I am done being sappy. LOL!

No comments: