"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Jacob!





I can't believe it but Jacob is officially eleven now. It was his golden birthday. Eleven on the Eleventh of April. We had a big birthday bash for him on Friday. Somehow we fit 38 people into our itty bitty house. I don't even feel like I had a chance to visit with some of them. I hate when that happens!

Saturday was his birthday and he woke up to a bed covered in balloons. He loves it. I started doing that for him a long time ago. I wanted to find something special that I would do for him. Sometimes I feel bad because his sister was a 4th of July baby and every year she gets a parade and fireworks on her birthday. I know waking up covered in balloons on your birthday is not as exciting as fireworks but I try! That night he chose to go to Lonestar for his birthday meal. He did not get steak though. He loves steak. When Matt asked him why he said that he does not like "restaurant steaks". He likes his Dad's steaks. Matt does make a pretty mean steak. We have ruined Jake.

We mentioned when we were ordering our food that is was Jake's birthday. The waitress had horrible timing however. Jake got up to go to the bathroom and that is when the Lonestar staff came over clapping to sing to him. I had to let them know he was in the bathroom. When Jake came back we were all smiling. He knew something was up. He soon found out what. When he saw and heard them coming he said "You have got to be kidding me". It was funny. After they left we shared with him that he missed them the first time around. Overall, I think he had a pretty good birthday.

No comments: