"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back to Normal

Last night Jadon was getting some lovin' and attention from his brother and sister. I think they were glad to see him acting normally. I just thought I would share so everyone could see he is back to his normal happy self!



He did good last night. When we were discharged from the hospital they told us to find a way to prop the crib mattress so that his head was higher than his feet. I made a few phone calls yesterday and found a wedge that would work at Merle Pharmacy. We went and picked it up yesterday because he was not spending another night lying flat on his back again. Matt and I have also decided that he will be sleeping in our room for a very long time after the incident the other night. Last night he got his bath, then he had his cereal and nursed then I put him in his exersaucer and bouncy seat for about 40 minutes. We were told to keep him upright for 30 minutes after he eats. Then he was fussing and I could tell he was tired so I put him down in his crib and turned his beloved music toy on, gave him his lovey that was freshly washed because it was a casualty of the vomit the other night and by the time I was done with my shower he was fast asleep. I made Matt move the baby monitor to the head of the crib and took the listening end into the living room with me so we could hear if he started to choke or cough or anything. He slept peacefully until around 2. He got up and ate then fell back to sleep. Got up again at 4:30, and again went right back to sleep. Slept right through the storm and woke up around 6:15 just in time to tell his Daddy goodbye and give him some smiles before he went to work. So hopefully with the increased dosage of Zantac and following these other guidelines they gave us we can keep his reflux under control.

No comments: