"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Monday, February 15, 2010

A New Fun Opportunity For Me!!

Most of you know that I have always loved scrapbooking but could never find the time to do it.  Well, in the fall I moved from traditional scrapbooking (paper) to digital scrapbooking which is all on the computer.  Now I can find time to scrapbook almost everyday.  Especially since I saved my pennies and purchased a laptop of my very own.  I really, really love digital scrapbooking.   I have just recently discovered that there are tons and tons of digital scrapbooking designers out there.  These are people who design different graphics for you to use in your digital scrapbooking programs to create awesome pages.  The second thing I discovered is that these designers put out requests for new members of their creative teams every so often.  If you are a member of a designers creative team you get their kits for free as long as you create a set number of pages using the kit provided to you and then post those pages to your blog along with a few others that the designers asks you to.  This helps the designer promote their product.  People may be more likely to purchase a kit when they see examples of pages that they can create.

So last week I received a newsletter from one of the digital scrapbooking stores and it had one of these creative team calls.  It listed all the requirements and I thought to myself "Why not?".  So I applied.  I had to send an email with some info about myself and attach one of my favorite pages I have made.  I also included a link to my blog so she could see some of my other pages I have made.  I was thrilled when I got an email saying that if I agreed to the requirements I was part of her team!!  Woohoo!!  So I am now a very, very proud member of the Deli Scraps by Min creative team.  This is my first opportunity like this so I have had a lot of questions for her and she has been very patient with me.   I appreciate this very much.

She told me just to let her know what kit I wanted to get started with and I requested her "Flower Power" kit.  The colors in this kit are beautiful.  I knew exactly what pictures I was going to use to get started.  Here are the pages I created using Deli Scraps By Min's Flower Power kit.
http://deliscraps.blogspot.com/


 


  

  
The quote on this page is from Creative Memories "Digital Expressions of Teen Life" kit.  


No comments: