"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Busy, Busy Weekend

Friday afternoon the kids were playing outside and I noticed that it had gotten really quiet so I went to see what they were up to.  I found them picking their own afternoon snack.  Our black raspberries are ripe and they are so good.  I have been sending one of the kids out every day to pick some.  It takes about 5 cups to make one pie and that is ALOT of berries!




Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket



Our garden is looking pretty good these days.  The plants have really taken off and are doing well.  I can't wait for all those yummy fruits and veggies!Photobucket



On Saturday morning Matt, Jadon, and I took off to check out a few garage sales.  This weekend I hit the jackpot!  I found several shirts for Jacob.  I don't find clothes for teen boys that are in good shape on a garage sale very often so that was pretty exciting.   All season I have been looking for a Little Tikes car for Jadon.  My mom found one at a garage sale last year and Jadon just loves to play in it when we go to her house.  I finally found one this weekend!  As you can see Jadon is pretty happy! 


Photobucket

Now that the basement is almost ready for move in we have been thinking about how are we going to furnish the room.  We knew we needed to find something for the tv to sit on down in the kids hang out room.  Well, at the very first garage sale Matt pointed out this buffet type piece of furniture to me.  He thought it might be great for the tv to sit on and all the video games, game controllers, and movies could go in the drawers and cabinets.  It was marked $50 but the lady said everything was half price so we got it for $25!!  It is a sturdy piece of furniture and we are currently in the process of stripping the paint off.  Hoping we find that the wood underneath is in good condition so we can stain it.  Otherwise we will paint it again.  Hoping this also takes out the faint odor of smoke that it has. 



Photobucket

Today we dropped Shelby off at 4H camp until Thursday afternoon.  She had a blast last year.  Hoping she does this year too!  She ended up in the same cabin as last year which we thought was pretty funny!  Can't wait to hear all her stories!




Photobucket



We ended the weekend with chicken on the grill!  Yum!  Tomorrow the carpet goes in then Jadon is ready to move in!!  I can't wait!!





Photobucket

1 comment:

Busy Buttons said...

Jadon's ready to move in? You mean Jake?