"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Isn't this cute??!!!  Just moments before I took this pic Jadon was actually laying on his stomach right next to Riley.  I think he wanted to check out the mirror too.  This was the best few minutes of our day.  Jadon was full of craziness the rest of the day.

That cute little boy was like a Tazmanian Devil in disguise yesterday.  I had to get him off the little tables multiple times, he found great joy in taking the baskets of table toys and throwing the pieces all over the floor,  he was hitting his friends, throwing things, destroying his friends block towers with no warning and laughing devilishly while doing it.  He was constantly wanting whatever his friends had.  It did not seem to matter if he had been happily playing with something else right up until that moment.  He wanted THAT toy!!!  Ugh!  It really was a trying day.  At one point (and I am totally not kidding here) I looked over during lunch time to find him getting ready to chew on one of our dining room chair spindles.  Why???!!!! 

This is what you get with toddlers.  One day they can be as sweet as pie and the next.....well....the exact opposite I guess.  You never know what you are releasing from the crib in the morning.  Are you sending out an angel or releasing sheer terror out into the living room.  By the end of the day I was done.  I put him in time out for the umpteenth time (drives my husband nuts when I make up numbers) and I texted my husband this....."Just put Jadon in time out and told him he was not getting up until you got home.  Hope you are close.  He has not been a very good boy today".  

Well that was yesterday.  Today is a new day.  The boy is not yet up for the day.  I am praying that today we get to see the sweet boy.  I am hoping he expended all of the devilish energy he had in him for a least a few days!  Fingers crossed!  Raising a toddler is always an adventure that is for sure!  Would not trade it for anything though!



Photobucket

No comments: