"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What We Did This Weekend....

We had a pretty good weekend. We started out our Saturday by just lounging around the house. Well...Jadon anyway. While I did some cleaning around the house Jadon was busy coloring. Coloring is one of his favorite activities right now.


Photobucket


He was also busy reading. I guess Jadon wanted to see what the book looked like upside down.


Photobucket



The rest of our Saturday was a little crazy.  Grandma Cindy went with Jadon and I to run a bunch of errands that I needed to get done. 

I don't feel like today was very productive.  We had another slow, lazy morning.  Just playing and talking to Daddy.  Then finally this afternoon I decided to trying making pj pants.  I have never made pants before so this was a first.  I used THIS tutorial and pattern created by Dana from the blog MADE for her Celebrate The Boys Series.  They were very easy to make but I wish the waist was a little bit higher so I am going to try something different tomorrow when I make another pair. 

Jadon was loving the Sesame Street fabric.  I had to try them on him before I sewed the elastic in the waist and I could not get him to take them off after that.  I had to wrestle them off of him.  When they were finally done I put them on him to get a pic.  It took me about 20 pictures before I finally got a somewhat decent one.  Apparently putting on these pants made him want to run! 




Photobucket

No comments: