"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What We Have Been Up To...

I know, I know....I have been quiet for a few days.  I have been a bad, bad blogger.  I have several days worth of giving thanks to post!  I guess you could say I was recharging my battery.  These trips to Philadelphia are pretty stressful for me.  I am pretty sure Matt would say the same thing.  Heck!  Jadon would probably agree.  I start getting stressed about a week leading up to our appointment, and it just gets worse the closer we get.  Then you add a stressful, long car ride through the mountains in the rain, a few misadventures thanks to an insane Garmin, Philadelphia aka "the city from hell", a toddler that does not want the doctor we just drove for two days to see touch him, news that another surgery is in the near future, and another trip back through the mountains to get home, and well.....I am pretty much toast for a few days. 

By the time we get back all I want is to spend some time in my home with my family doing things that are just normal.  I just want to cook for my family, play with Jadon, hang out with Shelbers and Jacob, and just chill.  I want to enjoy silence, or the absence of police sirens, people yelling, horns honking.  I really am not made for the big city.  I am totally out of my element there.  I guess I would say I was just getting back into my routine.  Getting back into my comfort zone.  I was talking to someone the other day and called it decompressing.  I start to physically relax again.  Every part of my body that was tied in knots just starts to let go.  Ahhh....I love my little home in the country.  So that would be one thing that I am definitely thankful for.  My sweet little house in the woods.  I gives me peace, comfort, and joy to live here.  Even though we are busting at the seams I love it!

Jadon was happy to be home too.  He squealed when we pulled in the driveway.  He was even happier when Monday came around and his friends were back!   I am so glad he enjoys having the other boys around.  His face just lights up when they come in the door.  I am thankful that Jadon enjoys sharing his space, his toys, and his Mommy each day.
Jadon and John playing with the castle I got out "new" for this week.
 Jadon missed his puppy vacuum.
 He missed the basket of blankets too!  He loves to get them all out and......
 Bury himself in them.

The absolute icing on the cake of being home has been this amazing weather!!  Wow!  I don't remember ever having my windows open in November before.  We have been spending a lot of our mornings outside playing.  Yesterday we even took a long walk.  We took some bags and were hunting for pinecones.  I want to try a craft project I saw on another blog.  I will post pics if I ever get to it!  

Here are a few more pics of the last two days. 





So let's see.....I already named two things I am thankful for.  First, was my cozy little home.  Second, was that Jadon loves sharing his life with other kids.  So I think I still have three more days including today to make up for.  No problem....I am thankful for this gift of great weather before winter starts to set in.  I am thankful that we had a safe trip to Philadelphia and back.  I am thankful for the yummy meal my mother-in-law cooked for us tonight.  It was really nice not to have to cook tonight.  I got to stay outside and play with the boys until it got dark!  Awesome!

I promise I will be a better blogger from now on!  Until tomorrow....





Photobucket

No comments: