"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bronchitis

Ugh!  We interrupt this blog for a round of bronchitis!  Boo!  Have been fighting it off all week!  One day I would think I was feeling better and the next day I would be down for the count.  Wednesday I after dealing with spells of the chills and then hot flashes, along with constant coughing, and a headache my husband sent me to bed at 7:30.  I took some Nyquil before I went to bed and slept like a rock all night.  Woke up feeling pretty good thought for sure I was getting better.  The cough was still hanging around though I continued to not get much sleep.  No more chills and hot spells though.  Everyday I would tell myself if I am not better by tomorrow I am going to the doctor.  Well today I finally gave in.  I am so sick of coughing and now I have some head congestion on top of it.  The prompt care doctor says that I have Bronchitis.  I am the third person in our house to get Bronchitis in the last two months.  Now that I have an antibiotic, prednisone, and a prescription (no codiene, I am allergic) cough medicine hopefully I will get some rest tonight. 

I am pretty proud to say that despite not feeling real great all week I did make it to all three of my workouts.  Yup....I finally decided last weekend that this was the week I start working my butt off (literally) and then on Sunday night I started coughing.  Grrr...... I did it though!  I was soooooo sore after the first workout.  I am so out of shape!  I had trouble doing stairs for about four days after the first workout and I had to one more workout while still being sore.  The good news is that I have lost a total of 8 lbs!  Now I need to get better by morning so I can make it another full week of workouts!

I did not really take many pictures this week because I was just trying to get through each day one day at a time.  Most evenings all I wanted to do was veg out.  Jake has been using the camera at school everyday this week.  In the junior high they have 30 minutes that they did not know what to do with.   It was too long to tack on to study hall so they created what they call 6.5.  It is a "fun" class.  They change themes.  They just finished up a chess theme.  Jake won the tournament I am proud to say.  Now they are doing photography so he has been stealing the camera all week.  We have had the camera we currently use less than a year and I have not taken the time to learn about many of the features.  Well...now I will just have Jake show me.  He now knows more about the camera than I do.  Thought I would share some of the pics he and his classmates have been taking.  

The group Jake is in found this little Darth Vador and they have been taking pictures of him all  over the school grounds.  I loved these two.


One of the other member's of Jake's photography group must have taken these motion pics of Jake.  I got a kick out of them.  I love that his learning so much and having fun.





Hopefully tomorrow I can return to my normal blogging schedule! Please pray I get a goods nights sleep!


Photobucket

No comments: