"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Mommy's Daybook

Outside My Window- It was a bright, sunny, very springlike day for the third day in a row. Very, very strange weather.

I am thinking- About what sayings I want to put on some signs I want to make to raffle off at a Boy Scout Spagetti Dinner that we are planning.

I am also thinking about Jadon's birthday coming up.   Need to decide where to get a cake.  Need to schedule an appointment for his pictures.  Think he is really going to have a fun b-day this year.  We have been talking a lot about how he is going to be 3 soon.  He has been telling people. 

I am wearing- PJ's right now. Actually wore jeans instead of sweats today.

From the tot school- Continuing number recognition and counting. Planning on starting letters next week. Noticed that Jadon needs more practice with tracing and fine motor control so we will be doing more prewriting activities.

I am thankful- For insurance. Three of us went to the doctor yesterday. One for a sports physical, one for a nasty cough that ended up being bronchitis, and myself for my blood pressure. Ugh!

For my mother in law who came and played with the boys I watch while I took Jadon to his early childhood screening this morning.

From the kitchen- The kitchen is pretty quiet tonight. Have made beef broth and chicken broth this week. They are in the freezer. Planned on a making a loaf of whole wheat bread tonight but don't think I am going to get to it. Maybe tomorrow.

I am creating- My mom's perpetual b-day calendar still. Some printables for the kids.

I am reading- Still reading Girl Hunter. Have not been in much of a reading mood lately. Darn you Pinterest!!!

I am hearing-
Silence.  It is very quiet right now.  Jadon is looking at books.  Shelby and Jake are both in their rooms.  Matt is on his computer.


One of my favorite things-
I love smoothies this week!  They are a yummy treat while I am trying to eat healthy.


Around the house:

Found a duvet cover on the clearance shelves at Walmart that I like so I bought it.  Guess I can take making a duvet cover off my sewing list! It was just the cover and two pillow shams.  Put it on my bed last night and quickly noticed that I will be needing a new dust ruffle.  The green one from my last set was clashing bad with the new colors.  Yuck!  Adding that to the list of things to look for when we are out and about this weekend.


Prayers and Intentions for the rest of the week- 
*Praying that I continue to stay on track with eating healthy.

*Praying that Jacob starts feeling better very soon and that he does well on his constitution test next week.

*No big plans for the rest of the week.  The beginning of this week was the busiest. 


 Cuteness:
Jadon playing under a blanket.  He loves to do this lately.
 Ms. Ella playing on the floor with some toys.




Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

Do you have good smoothie recipes to share???