"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Mommy's Daybook

Yesterday Jadon requested that we paint. I told him he had to wait until today. He was pretty excited to paint today. We started our letter B activities today so we painted our "B" blue. Once it is dry we will glue our brown bears on it.


Outside My Window-
It is cloudy but for February the temps are pretty good.  Can't complain too much about 40.  Could be much colder.

I Am Thinking-
About Jadon's b-day party, Jadon's three year pics, the fact that I have still not made his b-day shirt.  Darn this sickness!

I Am Wearing-
The usual sweats and long sleeve t-shirt.

From Tot School-
As I said we started our Letter B activities.  We continue to work on counting and number recognition.

I Am Thankful-
For antibiotics!  For my awesome fitness class.  All the ladies are so nice!

From The Kitchen-
I tried out a homemade wheat thins recipe this week so my hubby and I had something to eat some yummy Sundried Tomato Hummus we got on.  They turned out really good.  

Matt has a vanilla porter in the carboy doing it's thing.  Lots of bubbling going on over there!  Go yeast go!

I Am Creating-
Not much.....in a funk.  Fingers crossed that I get Jadon's b-day shirt done!


I Am Reading-
Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum Series) by Janet Evanovich

I Am Hearing-
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 

Around The House-
I am trying to get the house in order for Jadon's party this weekend.  

One Of My Favorite Things-
First thing that came to mind is my Lodge Enamel Coated Cast Iron Dutch Oven.  I have had mine for two years.  It is my favorite pot to cook in.  I used it several times a week.  Mostly on the stove but I love that I have the option to put it in the oven also!  Highly recommend gettting one of these bad boys!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week-
Make a list of things I need to pick up for Jadon's party and then get all that stuff.  Decide what Jadon is going to wear for his three year pics on Sunday.  Make Jadon's three year b-day shirt.

Tonight we are going to look at a 55 gallon fish tank that someone has for sale.  Hoping we like what we see.  We have not had a fish tank in about 8 years at least and Matt and I decided that we really missed having one.  So we have been on the lookout for a used one.  This is the way to go if you find one in good shape because most of the time they come with everything and there is not much left to get but gravel, plants, and fish.   I know Jadon will love it.  The older two kids always loved looking at the fish when they were his age.  We took him to a pet store not long ago to look at fish and he was really loving it.  




Photobucket

No comments: