"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Long Day

Today was a long day.  I usually get up at 6 am (or a little after) with Matt and the kids.  I like to get up before Jadon so I can have some coffee and quietness before he wakes up and hits the ground running.  Today that did work out for me.  Jadon got up right after me.  He was not in the best mood either.  I am wondering if he is battling the same congestion that I woke up with yesterday morning. 

The best part of our day was Tot School.  Today we started our Fall/Leaf activities.  We read the book "Fall Leaves Fall" and "Nuts To You".  After that we did a fun song about leaves.  I got out the leaves I found at a garage sale this weekend for them to play with while we sang the song.  The leaves were in two bunches for a dime a piece.  I brought them home and cut them apart. 






Our song was called "Leaves Are Falling" and it was to the tune of London Bridge.  We threw our leaves in the air while we sang.  They loved it.  Jadon really liked putting the leaves in the jar and then dumping them out.


After music time we did an art activity.  I gave them dot sponge painter with yellow, red, and orange paint.  Then they could decorate their tree with Fall leaves.  As usual they had fun.  These activities helped the morning go by smoothly. 



The final product


However.....Jadon refused to nap this afternoon and because he was so loud the other two had trouble falling asleep so no one went down for a nap until 2.  Ugh!  Jadon never did nap.  Lets just say I was very happy when everyone went home for the day and Matt got home from work. 

Jacob had soccer practice tonight.  We played with Jadon on the playground while practice was going on.  Then came home and after Matt gave him a bath we finally have him in bed.  Really hoping he sleeps ALL night!!


Until tomorrow.......




"Each Day Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"


Photobucket

No comments: