"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Friday, October 8, 2010

Some Fun New Activities

This morning turned out to be a very quiet morning. I was told yesterday that one of the boys I watch would not be here today. Then this morning I got a phone call from the mom of the other boy I watch telling me that he would not be coming either. He was up most of the night and was running a fever.

So I enjoyed my quiet morning while I waited for Jadon to wake up. He got up around 8:30 (he was up at 3:30 am so he was catching up on what he missed in the night). I got him dressed and we decided to make a trip to the Morton Dollar Tree to get some items to use for tot school. A lot of the mothers on the Tot School blogs say they get their materials at dollar stores. We found several items we were looking for today. I wanted to make him a sensory tub to play in. It is an idea I had seen on the internet and Matt mentioned that Ellen used one in therapy. So we got a dish tub, some measuring cups, and some scoops. I decided to start with beans and I knew I had some at home we could use. I also got some kitchen tongs and some pom poms for another activity I had seen. We picked up a few Halloween themed items and some cute little notebooks I thought he might enjoy during church.

When we got home I set up the sensory tub. He really liked playing with it.





After that  fun activity we had to pause to watch Super Why!  Can't miss that!  We love Super Why!  Actually I love pretty much all of PBS Kids programming!  Once the show was over I got out another activity I wanted Jadon to try.  I had pom poms in a shoe box and I wanted him to use tongs to pick them up and put them in bowls.  Eventually I want to have a bowl the same color as all the pom poms but for now we only have a couple.  He caught on to this pretty quick.  I think we are going to use this for therapy time.







I am blogging early this evening because we have a busy night but we are all going our separate ways.  I am going out with my girls from the Mackinaw area.  We are meeting at our friend Deb's house in Pekin to have pizza and put together the baskets we are donating to the raffle at Jen's benefit which is in a couple of weeks.  Looking forward to spending time with them tonight.  I have not seen several of them in awhile. 

Both Shelby and Jake are going to the last home football game of the season tonight.  After the football game Matt is taking Shelby to a friends house for a fire then she is spending the night at Teresa's.  So it is just Jadon and Matt for a couple of hours until the football game is over. 

Hopefully I will remember to take some pictures tonight while I am out!!

Until tomorrow......

"Each Days Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"



Photobucket

No comments: