"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Toddler is 1 1/2 Today!!!

The toddler is half way to his second birthday today!  I can't believe it has been six months since he turned one.  He is changing and growing so fast!  Lately it seems like he does or learns something new daily.  I swear he is the coolest kid on the block too.  I mean just look at that pick.  He is cool and he knows it!

Jadon woke up in the wee hours of the morning last night because he was wet and probably cold since we had our windows open.  After I changed him he was having a hard time falling back to sleep on his own so I decided to get up with him and rock him.  At first I was not thrilled.  I really wanted to be sleeping.  But then as we rocked and cuddled in the quiet of the dark living room I started thinking.  I was thinking about my older two kids and how they never really want hugs that often.  No more cuddling for sure.  Though I could still get Jacob to cuddle with me on the couch within the last year.  I thought how fast that time went for me.  Then suddenly I found myself saying  "Just enjoy this moment.  Before you know it things will change."  I repeated that in my head several times.  I know....I am such a sap.  We rocked for a half an hour or so.  Jadon snuggled into the crook of my arm, his toes rubbing against my leg.  Both of us snuggled under a blanket.  I knew when he toes stopped moving and his breathing got louder that he had fallen asleep.  I will be honest, there was a huge part of me that just wanted to stay there for the rest of the morning.  Then another voice in my head said..."A couple more hours of good sleep in bed would really be nice".  I really like my sleep....the second voice won.

I bet Jadon was regretting that early morning wake up when I had to get him back up at 7:00 am to get ready for pool therapy.  Our house was very chilly this morning since we had all the windows open all night.  I was getting Jadon dressed and I felt bad because I knew he was cold.  I asked him if he wanted to go see Carri and go swimming.  He shook his head no and for the first time actually said "No".   He probably thought I was crazy to suggest swimming in these temps!  Fortunately the pool area is very warm.  He was ready to go when he entered the pool room.  He had another really great session.  Just a fun, playful hour in the water with his BFF to him.

When we got back home it was time to head outside.  Jadon felt he needed his shades.  He is just too cool.


Jadon played in the sandbox a lot like usual but he has also been exploring the wooded area of our backyard a lot lately.  I am torn between letting him explore and not wanted him to get poison ivy.  He is so stubborn though!  The more I chase him out of that area the more he wants to play over there.  


The rest of the day was very boring.  This was a nice change from the hectic schedule we have been keeping.  Jacob did not have a game or practice tonight so he got to come home right after school and the only thing we had to do was Boy Scouts.  I like going to meetings since we are good friends with the scout leader and his wife.  His wife and I chat during the meetings.  Glad I went tonight!  I was invited to Girls Taco Night next Tuesday and we made plans to for our family to have dinner with their family in two weeks!  Woohoo!  

Until tomorrow.....
Each Day Comes Bearing It's Own Gift.....Untie The Ribbons.

365-9

Photobucket

No comments: