"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another School Year Begins

 365-1

There goes summer!  I am not sure where it went but it is over.  As I type Shelby and Jake are on a bus taking them to their first day of the 2010-2011 school year.  Sophomore year for Shelby and the beginnning of Driver's Ed.  I can't believe I am actually typing that.  I just really don't know how she got old enough to be able to drive!  This life of ours unfolds in  a blink of an eye!  Shelby was calm and cool this morning.  I mean....why not?  She is no longer the low man on the totem pole and  she has "been there, done that".  Same locker and everything.  Only issue to take care of this morning was to stop by the office to get her combination.  She could not remember what it was.


First Day of Sophomore Year


Today is Jacob's first day of Jr. High.  I would say a new school but it is not really.  He has been in this building before.  He was there for 1st through 3rd grade.  The current principle told me the other night at 7th grade orientation that she could not believe that Jacob was in Jr. High already.  She said it seemed like just yesterday that she was pushing him around in his wheelchair when he broke his leg.  Tell me about it, I thought!  At orientation the other night he practiced his locker combination and followed his schedule going to each of his classes for ten minutes.  I guess he is ready.  This morning he does not seem nervous at all.

Jacob's 1st day of 7th Grade
Today is an early dismissal day.  They get out of school at 1:30.  Jacob will turn around and go back about 40 minutes later for a baseball game.  He is on the Jr. High baseball team this year.  Practice everyday after school, and 3-4 games a week!  Busy, busy!  He is also playing rec. soccer at the same time, and of course there is Boy Scouts!  It will be a very busy year for Jacob.  Gonna have to keep an eye on those grades!

Jake ready for his first game



Oh and I have a new favorite quote I thought I would share:

"Each Day Comes, Bearing It's Own Gift,
Untie The Ribbons."

Have a great day! 
Photobucket

No comments: