"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Last Dandelion Of Summer

Yes, this could very well be the last dandelion of summer.  Fall is just around the corner!  Jadon was very happy to find this wonderful "flower".  I use that term loosely.  He was all smiles.  It was the cutest thing.  He had to smell it too, but made a funny face when he did.


See Mommy!  Look how pretty it is!

He is smelling it, not eating it.

As you can see Jadon was in much better spirits today.  He woke up that way.  I heard in in the bedroom laughing.  When John came they played happily side by side.  This is a BIG difference from yesterday.  I am very thankful!!

We decided to not complain about the heat, but instead embrace Summer's final goodbye present.  It will be cold and we will be wishing for these days very soon.  I have been thinking about cold weather a lot lately.  Most days my sanity is saved by outside time.  There are fewer fights and problems when we are outside.  It could be a very long winter if we can't get out even for just a short period of time.  Oh well...not much I can do about that now.  Here are some smiles and pics from our fun outside time!

I love playing outside!!

This evening was a little crazy.  I knew it was going to be that way so I put Ham and Scalloped Potatoes in the crockpot so I did not have to worry about cooking.  The first thing on the agenda was taking Jadon to the health dept. to get his next set of immunizations.  Daddy was in charge of that. 

When he returned it was time for Shelby to go to her first art lesson with my friend, Julie, in Stanford.  I dropped her off, and turned around, and came home.  Then we had to get Jacob to soccer practice in his uniform because it was picture night.  I quickly filled out the picture form, wrote a check, and jumped back in the truck to go back to Stanford.  We got Shelby from art lessons and turned around to come back home.  Got a call when we were just barely out of Stanford from Jake saying that practice was over due to lightning.  Augh!  We were still ten minutes away!  Luckily he has a good coach who waited with him and was very understanding.  I was so glad to finally be home for the night after all that running! 

Jadon seems to be doing good despite having had four shots earlier in the day.  I did not take any chances at bedtime though.  I gave him some ibuprofen before laying him down.  Crossing my fingers that he sleeps well tonight!  Now I am listening to thunder and thinking that I am going to sleep well tonight!  I love listening to storms as I fall asleep. 

Until tomorrow....


"Each Day Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"

Photobucket

No comments: