"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Who Is Hiding In The Wood Pile?



My dogs have been spending a good portion of their days with their noses stuck in our wood pile.  They are slowly being driven to insanity by whatever creature is lurking there.  They sniff, snort, whine, and run around the pile in circles like....well.....a bunch of idiots.  There I said it.  I love my dogs but jeez.  A little round of applause for the furry or not so furry thing that is hiding there.  This is probably the only place in the yard where they can't get you.  I picture a mouse just sitting under the wood pile chuckling to himself, wondering when those filthy mongrels are going to lose their minds.  



Today Diesel did something I have never seen him do.  He climbed up on top of the wood pile.  Jumping all over.  Knocking precariously perched logs off the top.  I am not sure what the plan of attack was here.  I am thinking that the smelly goodness they are getting a whiff of is under the pile.  How does getting on top help?  Oh well, it was entertaining....to me at least.  I will let you know if I ever find out what beast resides there.

How about the weather??!!!  Amazing!!

I have really been enjoying the cooler temperatures.  Fall can come anytime and stay.   That would be fine with me!  As usual most of our morning was spent outside playing.  While the dogs were being fruitcakes Kale was giving Jadon a ride in the wagon.   Jadon loves riding in the wagon.  He would do this all day long.

Matt finished up my new clothesline this morning.  He is off for the week to get some projects done around the house.  I am hoping the basement is on the list.  ;)  I did a load of towels this morning and they were just sitting and waiting to go out on the line.
Ta-Da! I feel so green!

The rest of the day was pretty normal (as normal as it gets around here).  Matt and Cindy went to watch Jacob's game.  When they got home we ate some yummy goodness courtesy of Rachael Ray.  It was her Chickpea and Tomato Penne Pasta (on the show website).  I used tomatoes fresh out of our garden to make the sauce.  Yum!  It was served with peas, and a salad.  I even grated fresh parmesan to put on top of the pasta.  Grandma Cindy joined us for dinner.  Everyone seemed to like it.  I think it is a keeper.

Now we are getting ready to close another day.  I bathed Jadon put him in some warm jammies (another chilly night), gave him his milk tippy, and now he is with his Daddy.  So precious!

Until tomorrow.....

"Each Day Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"


Photobucket

No comments: