"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our Anniversary!



Fifteen years ago today Matt and I were married.  Time is flying by so fast!  I can't believe it!  Matt is the perfect guy for me for so many reasons that I don't have time to explain.  Most importantly he gets me.  He knows how to make me feel better when I am sad, how to make me laugh.  How to reason with me or calm me down when I am mad.  I guess he would say the same.  It always seems like if one of us is falling apart the other one is there to put the pieces back together.  

I just wanted to thank my husband for being my rock, making me laugh, and enjoying this crazy ride we call life with me!  There is no where else in the world that I would rather be!  

Unfortunately the rest of the world keeps moving along even though it is my anniversary!  Do you believe it!  So of course the means that Team Nafziger was running from one thing to another.  The day started out with Daddy taking Jadon to pool therapy.  When they returned home Matt suggested we take the three boys for a walk in the woods.  Sounded like fun to me!!
 Jadon chillin' on the bench.

Daddy is showing Jadon an acorn. 

Now Jadon is showing Mommy the acorn.

He looks like such a big boy with his new haircut.


We had a lot of fun on our walk.  Next time I am going to have the boys bring some buckets so that we can collect more acorns.  They stopped all the time to pick up acorns but their little hands could only hold so much.  They took them back to the sandbox to play with them.  

After that we played outside some more, went in to have lunch, then nap time.  While I was putting the boys down for a nap Matt took the borrowed skid steer through the backyard to the back wooded area.  I figured he was using it to take down the dead apple tree.  He did do that....but he did soooo much more.  I looked in the backyard and realized that I could not longer see the skid steer anymore and it sounded like he was off in the distance.  I thought oh boy....what is he up to.  He "cleared" a lot of area and widened apart of the trail.  Not sure what his plan is.  I think he was just having fun with the machine.  He cracks me up!  I will have to take pics tomorrow of the work he did today.  

This evening was a complete mess!  Jake had an away baseball game in Washington.  Matt and Cindy went to that.  After I was done working I had to take Shelby to 4H.  I dropped her off and then came back home to meet up with Matt and Jake so we could go to Boy Scouts.  One Thursday a month 4H collides with Boys Scouts.  It never works out well.  In the middle of all of this there was not time to eat!  ugh!  So to Boy Scouts we went...with growling stomachs.  After Boys Scouts we went over to Stanford to pick up Shelby from the 4H meeting, then we headed back home.  I took clothes off the line while Matt started supper.  We ate at 9 pm tonight!  That NEVER happens at this house!  It was not good!  What a way to celebrate our anniversary!!  

Matt and I are hoping that Shelby can babysit tomorrow night so that we can go out to a quiet, peaceful dinner and celebrate.  Fingers crossed please!!
Until tommorow....

"Each Day Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"

Photobucket

No comments: