"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Monday, September 20, 2010

Lets Use Our Nice Words

Today was a Monday......it started out really rough.  I woke up with a sinus headache for the second day in a row.  That is not a good thing.  Took some Advil that seemed to kick it back, drank my coffee, and tried to convince myself it was gonna be a good day.  I was feeling pretty worn down still from our weekend of adventure.  Jadon woke up early but seemed pretty happy.  That was until his friends showed up.  That is when the madness began.  Apparently Jadon was not in the mood to share his toys.   If Kale or John picked up a toy Jadon wanted it.  He would scream, run over, and try to take the toy.  When they did not give it to him he would hit them.  So he spent a good portion of his morning in time out.  That was pretty exhausting for both of us.

After the rough start we decided to head outside.  As is almost always the case things went much better outside.  They just love being outside.  It seems to give Jadon peace to be outside.  Sometimes I wonder if it is because he can put a lot of space between him and his friends.   It was time to come inside much to soon.  Everyone was really thirsty when we got inside.  Jadon spotted his tippy on the table out of his reach and looked at me and said his cutest word yet.....Peash.  This is "Please".  He said it for the first time on Friday but at that time I thought he was saying "Cheese".  It took me a few days to realize he was saying "please".  He says it so cute.  It is the word "peas" with a "sh" sound on the end.  It just makes me smile.  He is starting to pick up new words a lot faster these days.

Even though things seemed to get better after we went outside, I was still more than ready for naptime.  About two hours later I heard Jadon crying.  I figured naptime was over.  A two hours nap is actually pretty good for Jadon so I went in and picked him up.  He laid his head on my shoulder and was all cuddly.  We sat down in the recliner and the next thing I knew he was back to sleep in my arms.  I guess I could have put him back in his crib, but I decided to just enjoy the moment.  It was very relaxing.

Wouldn't you do the same thing?


Later in the day I received another little gift.  To make a looonnngg story short, Shelby and I had some issues earlier in the day.  The teenager and I were butting heads to say the least.  I was not very happy with her, but life at our house moves on.  There was dinner to prepare and enjoy.  We all eat together every night even if we have to wait until 9 at night when a baseball game is over to do it.  At dinner she told us about her day and we had a nice conversation.  Grandma Cindy joined us for our meal and brought ice cream which always makes the kids happy.  Shelby's attitude seemed much improved at dinner.  She shared about her day and seemed happy.  After it was some outdoor time for Jadon, a bath for Jadon, and finally at about 8:30 I got to sit down and relax.  When I opened my laptop I found this......

Just two simple words on a piece of paper with some doodles, but for me this is all it takes.  It means a lot to me that she took the time to make this and to sneak it into a place where she knew I would not be expecting it.  She could have just handed it to me, but she put some thought into it and took some time.  Time...the gift I love the most.  All is forgotten and forgiven for today.....she is a teenager....I am sure there will some new drama tomorrow!  LOL!  

Until tomorrow.....
"Each Day Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"


Photobucket

No comments: