"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sweet Sunday!

Jadon exploring around the wood pile or lets see if we can get poison ivy.

Today was a great day!  After getting home in the wee hours of the morning from Matt's cousin's wedding Jadon was nice enough to sleep until 9 am!  I knew then that it was going to be a good day.  After getting some chores done around the inside of the house Jadon and I went outside to play.  I figured he deserved some freedom to explore and play in his yard after being in the truck or on someone's lap most of yesterday.  

 While Jadon and I were enjoying the amazing weather Matt was once again praying for his life.  Today he took Shelby out on the interstate for the first time.  She will be driving on the interstate during driver's ed. on Tuesday.  Matt wanted her to have some experience with driving on the interstate before she went out with her teacher.   He kindly sent me a picture of their experience.  Notice that he is holding the fire extinguisher.  He said "just in case".  

Thankfully he survived another driving lesson.  After some lunch for the J-Man we went to the Pekin Menards to get everything we needed to put up a clothesline in the yard.  We used to have one but it got destroyed when some tree fell.  I am looking forward to hanging towels out to dry instead of wasting energy.  I wash a lot of towels in a week.  


We spent the evening having dinner with our friends the Callahans.  It was a very wonderful and relaxing evening.  The toddler had a few moments that were not so pretty.  He demonstrated to Jim and Julie that he is very good at throwing a temper tantrum if he does not get his way.  

Julie made Mojitos!  Yum!  They were so good.  The men enjoyed some beer.   The drinks were enjoyed out on their back patio.  It was a beautiful evening to sit outside, have drinks, and laugh with friends.  


Dinner was hamburgers grilled on charcoal (our favorite), sweet & tasty corn on the cob, and pasta salad.  I was stuffed to the gills!  No room for my triple tiered brownies I made.  We would break into those later.  After dinner we went back out to their patio to sit and enjoy a fire and the company some more. 
 Here is our host, Julie, with her toy poodle Murphy.

Julie took this pic of us.  Yes, Jadon is chewing on a corn cob....

I mentioned earlier that Jadon threw a few temper tantrums while we were there.  His meltdowns were during our meal.  I explained that he had been in fine form lately.  I also told them that I thought it might be because of his molars he was getting in.  So in an effort to try and appease him Jim gave him one of the cobs.  Jadon loved it!  He knawed and chewed on that thing forever.  He just walked around with it in his mouth.  
 
 
The kid is crazy!  Well.....we are home now and I feel myself slipping in a food coma so I am going to call it a night!  Todays gift......time spent with friends.  Yesterday's gift....time spend with family.  It is a good weekend so far.

 Until tomorrow.....
 
"Each Day Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"
 

Photobucket

No comments: