"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Friday, September 3, 2010

This and That

Hello! TGIF!!!  Looking forward to a fabulous weekend!  Hopefully to sniffles that seems to be trying to cause some issues around our house will go away!  Today was more of the same for Jadon.  He was fussy (on ibuprofen) and would not nap.  Ugh!  I hope this is not a trend.  

I love Friday evenings.  I look forward to them all day on Friday.  It is our family outing of the week.  We go into "town", we eat, we get our groceries, sometimes we see my parents.   Tonight the town was Bloomington.  The food was Hot Wok (Jacob's request).  I love General Tso's chicken!  The stores were Target (wedding gift), Barnes and Noble (use what was left of a gift card for a treat), and the usual Walmart (groceries).   

Jadon tried some chicken with sweet and sour sauce for dipping.  He seemed to really like it.  We let him try a Crab Rangoon also.  It disappeared so I think it passed the test.  He is becoming a very well rounded eater.  He just loves Mexican.  No...really.  He does.  He loves chips and salsa, refried beans, rice, and quesadillas!  

We noticed tonight during our outing that Jadon has become very loud.  For some unknown reason he was just yelling.  Just randomly yelling.  Just to hear himself?  I don't know.  It was not a good thing.  We are going to have to break that habit if it continues.  

I wanted to share a few of the goodies I found while I was out tonight.  I mentioned that I went to Barnes and Noble to finish off the remaining balance that I had on a gift card.  I went in knowing what I was going to be getting.  I went in after this cookbook:


I love The Pioneer Woman!  I love reading her blog.  Her stories about her life are great.  I love the recipes she makes, and her photography is awesome!  If you have  not ever check her out you should!  She will having you smiling with her stories of The Marlboro Man, and Charlie. Now I have you intrigued don't I?   I can't wait to try out some of the recipes!   I love a new cookbook!  

The other things that I wanted to share with you is this:
Walmart is carrying Seventh Generation products and Mrs. Meyer's products now!  Both companies produce "green" cleaning products.  I have been working towards using safer products in our home.  I have tried out some other products, but would like to explore my other options.  I will have to get back to you on the dish soap but I tried out the Mrs. Meyer's cleaning scrub (like Comet Cleanser but without the harsh chemicals).   My sink was looking pretty yucky.  Hard water stains were starting to build up.  I used the cleaner as the directions said.  I prepared myself to be disappointed.  I was thinking....how can anything work as well as bleach?   I was pleasantly surprised.  I now have a nice sparkly clean sink.  Woohoo! 

Once we got home it was time to get the J-man ready for bed.  I saw on WeatherBug on my phone the low for tonight is 48 degrees!  I love it!  I thought I had better put Jadon in some warmer jammies though so he did not get chilly.  He must have forgotten about footy jammies.  He was laughing at his feet and kept looking at his arms wondering at the long sleeves.  He cracks me up sometimes.  


Rocking with Daddy before going to his crib.

This weather really has me itching for Fall!  It is one of my favorite seasons!  Well....I have a cookbook to sneak a few peeks at before Matt is ready for bed!  Tomorrow Matt's cousin Craig is getting married up near Chicago.  We will be gone all day.  Don't know if I will blog....I may cheat and blog a little before we leave.  Don't want to break my streak!  
"Each Day Comes, Bearing Its Own Gift, Untie The Ribbons"


Photobucket

No comments: