"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Monday, January 9, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

You are going to see a few repeats on this weeks meal plan. I apologize. I did end up making my son's favorite meal, Shepherd's Pie (our version), the last night of their Christmas vacation since I already had all the ingredients. Then my mother-in-law offered to make chicken pot pie and bring it to our house one night. I never turn down an offer to not have to cook! I should also say that my family ended up staying home Friday night and using the leftover French Dip Roast (I used venison) to make a dinner. My husband used the juices to make an awesome gravy. He is a master gravy maker. Then he plated up bread with the shredded french dip and gravy over the top. I was going out to eat with some girlfriends but I almost just ate at home after taste testing it! That is why you are going to see a few repeats!

 Meal Plan Week of 1/7-1/13

Saturday-Campbell's Chicken and Rice (I replaced the chicken with venison chops)

Sunday-Matt cooked because I was sick.  He does not use a recipe when he cooks.

Monday-Bacon and Tomato Pasta

Tuesday-Turkey Pot Pie (Pioneer Woman)

Wednesday-Beans and Cornbread (Pioneer Woman)

Thursday-Taco's and Salad

Friday-Family Night Out!

I thought I would share with you our version of Shepherd's Pie that is my son, Jake's favorite!

Aunt Brenda's Shepherds Pie

Ingredients-
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup onion
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
2 cups mashed potatoes
1/4 cup mild shredded cheese

Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.  Mix beef with 1/2 of soup, egg, oatmeal, salt, and pepper.  Press into a 9" pie plate.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Frost with potatoes.  Top with remainder of soup and cheese.  Bake for 10 minutes.

Jadon and Jake both go nuts for this!  Enjoy!



Photobucket

No comments: