"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Monday, January 30, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

This is my second meal plan for this week. I created one meal plan last week and then my husband said "I think I will smoke something this weekend". Hmmm...okay. Not gonna tell him no. Yum! We found pork butt (shoulder) on sale for $1.50 /lb and grabbed two of them. He figured if he is gonna take the time to do one might as well do two and freeze some. Sounds good to me.

So here is our revised meal plan for this week.

Saturday: 
Pizza Night-Used the dough from my new favorite book "Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day".  So easy!  I will never buy a pizza again.  Easy and quick enough to make daycare lunch even!!  They actually have a book just for pizza's and flatbreads now.  Definitely on my wish list!  Of course used my Mock Papa John's Pizza Sauce recipe you can find HERE.

One pizza was turkey sausage and green olives.  The second pizza was a Jalepeno Burn I found here.  I thought it was yummy!

Sunday:
Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Corn
Baked Potatoes

Monday: 
Pulled Pork Quesadillas (leftover shredded pork, diced onion, diced green pepper, and shredded cheese)




Mexican Rice (recipe from Mixes Ebook Vol. 1 from Savingdinner.com)
Mix ingredients:
In an airtight container, combine the following ingredients-
1 tbsp. dried onion flakes
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. chicken bouillion granules (my husband suggested that next time we just use our homemade chicken broth in place of the water and chicken bouillion to cut down on sodium.  We are going to do that next time)

Store in a cool,dry, place for up to 3 months.

To prepare:
Mexican Rice Mix
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups of water

Instructions:  Heat oil in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid; add Mexican Rice Mix; cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden.  Stir in tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 mintues.

Makes 4 servings.



Tuesday: 
Matt's Smoked Pork and Black Bean Soup.   I will be back with a recipe of sorts once I make it.  My husband made it once and it was yummy.  He has told me what he has suggested I put in it.  Once I make it I will post it.

Wednesday:
Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy


Thursday:
Grilled Chicken Breast (marinated in Italian Dressing)
Broccoli
Salad


Friday: 

Grocery Night-Mommy's night off






 Kiana

No comments: