"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Mom's Daybook

Today was a busy busy day. My nephews came to play today. So there were a lot of crazy boys running around my house today. I have learned that the key to keeping the chaos under control is to keep them doing specific activities and not let them just run wild. We survived the day. I will say it went a lot better than I thought it would.
 Here are all the crazy boys eating breakfast.
 Mason is showing you his "angry face" which does not really look angry but it pretty darn cute.
 Silly boy crawling under the easel.

 I found some mom blogger's doing "A Mom's Daybook" last year and did it a few times.  I want to get it started again and I think that Wednesday is going to be the day.

Outside My Window-
It is sunny but very cold and windy.  The snow is all gone.  :(

I am thinking.....
that I really need to get to finishing my mom's birthday present.  And I need to go online and watch the Parenthood episode that aired Tuesday.

I am wearing......
A yellow long sleeve T and gray sweats.  My work attire.  When you get spit up on and are constantly cleaning up kid messes there is no reason to dress nice....just my opinion.

I am thankful.....


I got to spend the day with my nephews.  That they live close enough I get to be a part of their lives.



From The Kitchen...
Found a Cream of Anything Soup recipe via Pinterest!  Really excited to try it out!  That would be one less canned item I need to buy!  Hooray!




I am creating.....
I have fabric to make some pillows but first I want to try out my new fabric paints I got for Christmas.  I have picked out a few stencils I want to cut out using either freezer paper or vinyl and make some pretty designs on the pillows before I sew them together. 





I am reading.....
 Link

She is so cool!  A trained chef that decided she wanted to know more about how the food got to the table so she started hunting.  Really enjoying the book so far!  Her website is HERE.






Around The House....
My husband is brewing a new batch of beer.  It is a little stinky in here when all that is going on.





A few plans for this week....
Not too many plans for this week.  Looking forward to having some friends over for dinner this weekend.  Just need to decide on the menu.  Thinking soups and sandwiches.


Before I go I want to share with you a funny pic from today.  My nephew and one of the boys I babysitt  for showed up in the same shirt!  It was so funny!  I snapped this pic of them together to send to the parents.  They got a kick out of the look on their faces.  What are they thinking?  Add your own caption.....







Photobucket

No comments: