"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tot School Tuesday

Tot School has been quiet so far this week.  Jadon's buddy, John, became a big brother last week and he has been home spending time getting to know the baby.  We are still doing tot school though!  Jadon loves the daily tray activities!


 I have printed and laminated a few more magnet pages from 2Teaching Mommies.
 Stamping/Letter Recognition page also from 2 Teaching Mommies.


Pattern block activity



Cabin fever is beginning to set in around here so we are going to get our Education Cubes out tomorrow and get moving.  Hopefully burn some of that energy so I don't have to put anyone in time out for jumping on my couch!!

I have started focusing on number recognition and counting lately.  In keeping with that theme I created some snowflake counting cards to insert into our Education Cubes.   We are just beginning so I only did numbers 1-6 and 6 cards is what each cube holds.  We are going to roll the cube and figure out what number we rolled. Then we are going to hop, jump, skip that number of times.





If you don't have photo insert cubes you could also print these out (I use cardstock) and laminate them.  Put them in a pile and take turns drawing one to play.


My favorite thing today:  Jadon got up from his nap and was cuddling in our recliner with me.  He turned and asked me for 2 hugs.  I counted as I hugged.  Then he said he wanted two "nas" or kisses.  I said regular "nas" or "chicken nas" (a silly kiss, something Daddy started at bedtime being silly one night).  He said chicken nas.  I said okay.  And we counted the kisses and laughed.  Such a sweet moment I will cherish.






Photobucket

No comments: